Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2018
Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) creates a future of hope for children, families, and communities by helping them develop the skills and resources to overcome poverty and pursue justice. Internationally headquartered in Markham (Toronto), Canada, CCFC’s commitment is to improve the quality of life of children and youth in empowered communities through enhanced family and community capacity for sustainable development. For more information about CCFC, visit our website www.ccfcanada.ca
The Program Manager (PM) is CCFC’s manager in the country office, focusing on assisting the Country Director in managing program partners in an assigned geographic area to plan, implement, monitor, train and evaluate project activities supported by CCFC. The Program Manager also provides support to the New Business Development/Grants Manager in acquiring and managing grants and related projects from both local and international development funding agencies.
The position is located in our Tamale, Ghana office.
The Program Manager is accountable for the overall leadership and implementation of programs in the country office and achievement of program goals and objectives including meeting standards, and mitigating known risk including but not limited to:
- Leading the development of policies, strategies and operational plans for programs and projects.
- Visiting programs and projects regularly for the purpose of ensuring plan implementation, and to monitor program implementation, sponsorship and financial activities. Ensure compliance with CCFC and donor policies, procedures and guidelines to support the quality assurance and quality control initiatives. Undertake constructive intervention when necessary.
- Directing and providing guidance to partners in participatory planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes for program/project related activities
- Leading the facilitation of community mobilization and capacity building efforts of CCFC Country Office partners and the communities served through networking, advocacy and awareness rising.
- Coordinating various projects and ensuring that they are completed on schedule in sync with donor guidelines.
- Support the successful implementation of the Global and Country
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in a relevant development field; post-graduate degree an asset
- Minimum seven years work experience in the development field with at least two years in a leadership role
- Minimum two years’ experience building relationships with development agencies, funding agencies and writing successful concept papers, grant proposals and donor reports
- Program/project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation experience, including budgeting and reporting
- Professional expertise in one or more of CCFC’s key sectors: micro-enterprise development (MED), education, health, and/or water and sanitation is an asset
- Experience in practicing Results Based Management (RBM) and in using Participatory Development Approach (PDA) tools.
- Excellent skills in group facilitation, training, capacity-building and community mobilization. Ability to travel nationally and occasionally internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, relationship-building, conflict management and networking skills, especially when developing / maintaining contacts and influencing development and funding agencies
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, including public speaking, networking and presentation skills
- Bilingualism in French and English communication skills is a strong asset
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet; intermediate MS Project
- Commitment to CCFC’s Vision, Mission and Values
Candidate must also demonstrate the following attributes:
- Results-oriented, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience
- Works effectively independently and in a team setting.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart combined with the skills and interest for the Program Manager position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by clicking on the link https://ccfcanada.secure.force.com/careers/VanaHCM__Job_Detail?Id=a1j5A000002ZFz7QAG and click
“Apply Now” button to submit your résumé & covering letter.
Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting, you will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and submit your résumé and covering letter.
Application deadline date: December 10, 2018
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted in English.
Women who meet the minimum requirements for the posts are highly encouraged to apply.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a criminal record check.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted