Jobs In Ghana 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away.Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of JobSearchGh. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) seeks to employ a self-motivated and experienced Accounting Clerk to join our multinational elite team. The Accounting clerk is responsible in assisting the Accounting Manager with the smooth and efficient process in the accounting department. The Accounting Clerk performs basic day to day accounting functions, reporting and issue resolution between operations and the shared service operations. The position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing financial reports and transactions as appropriate. This position ensures that operations are in compliance with all internal control procedures by preparing reports, accounting activities, taking inventories, receiving & accounting as defined in the procedures. We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it is created by our people and founded upon strong values. These values are our Winning Ways and they are a set of beliefs and behaviours that are important to us and our customers – that’s why we’ve been certified as a Top global Employer of 2018. We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality. We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
At InterContinental Hotels Group, we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. Because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Hotel General Cashier-
- Verify deposits of each cashier and document variances daily
- Document due back and issue in a timely manner
- Provide change to all cashiers during specified times
- Make deposits to bank with security escort
- Maintain adequate inventory of cashier supplies including drop envelops
- Maintain MOD bank and replenish as necessary
- House bank issuance and monthly audit
- Communicate deposit information to corporate office daily
- Set up House Accounts and A/R Accounts as needed or directed by management
- Ensure all Group and Direct Bill accounts are accurate and mailed within three business days
- Make collection calls on outstanding accounts to ensure all amounts are collected within 60 days
- Complete credit references for Direct Bill accounts requesting credit
- Coordinate with Sales & Marketing/F&B/Banquets to ensure accuracy of accounts
- Responsible in assisting with all end of month accounting including but not limited to the following:
- AR summary, tax exempt report, PTD/YTD Revenue, inventory accuracy, cash sheet counts
Recommended For You:
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- High School/Diploma/HND graduate or equivalent
- BSc, BA, HND/Diploma in Hotel Administration, Management or Accounting preferred
- Must be able to communicate in English with guests, visitors, vendors and hotel staff
- Must be able to provide legible communication
- Must be able to compute mathematical calculations
- Two years general accounting and one year hotel/corporate accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, scanners and printers and automated property management systems.
- Ability to enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures with hotel staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent hotel data.
- Possess an independent work ethic to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and coworkers as part of a team.
- Maintain high level of office organization by daily filing routine of all job related files.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
Interested Candidates should please submit their resume or recent CV to this email address below:
Only shortlisted candidates are contacted for the interview